Friday, April 23, 2010

Back to reality

Two hours ago, I woke up with a sigh since my mini vaca in Cebu has been put to a halt. It's back to the same old lifestyle and daily routines for me here in MNL.

Do you ever get the feeling of nostalgia after you travel? -- after, in this case, means the NEXT day upon arriving at your real abode -- I get that feeling everytime I come back home the day AFTER I arrive; strange eh? It's like, your body is still somewhat trapped in time and you're trying to detach yourself from that period of reminiscing in order to remind your brain that the trip's officially over.

Yes, I do admit, I'm a sucker for nostalgia and I'm experiencing it now.

Two hours later, I catch myself still giving out a sigh. I feel that up to now, my mind's still ensnared in Cebu; no more waking up in a different room each day, overindulging myself with my aunt's cooking, 4pm coffee and biscuits with my cousin whilst being harassed by my 2 year old niece -- yes, she's only 2 but she already knows how to put on a poker face and at a very young age, she has the ability of manipulation -- in the living area.

And yes, call me silly or what not but i'm sulking myself in the ambience of sentimental music. gaaaah.

This feeling will SOON fade, i'm pretty sure of it. Everything just happened in such haste and my brain cells need some time to absorb the fact that I'm back in MY world.

So yeah, my Cebu shindig was quite a blast. I haven't been there in 11 years so my cousins brought me out to numerous places such as tops, different malls, we tried out the edge coaster at the Crowne and I even had the chance to meet up with a friend that I haven't seen in a year.

It's funny to realize that time DOES go by so fast; most of us already have college degrees and I already have a niece on my dad's side. My first ever niece! can you believe that? haha I feel old.. though the truth is, i'm only 21. We rekindled old memories by allowing ourselves to make fun of our geeky/nerdy childhood days; it was hilarious to see the bulges on our tummies and watching home made videos of our squeaky voices. I sure would like to be a kid again regardless of how I appeared back then.

Ahhh.. childhood. Runnning around without direction nor worry, pigging out on high calorie items, always -- if not most times -- obtaining what your tiny heart desires; how carefree! Makes me realize though that soon, the time will come when i'll be having my own kids. That's such a scary thought for now, so I guess it's safe to say that i'll cross the bridge when I get there (in 10 years!).

Please excuse me for this entry, it's all due to my nostalgic state.

So yeah, going back to my Cebu trip, there was a funny incident that transpired. I accompanied my cousin and her daughter at the day care center and while I was waiting outside, the random yayas and mums of the toddlers in the day care were talking to my cousin; and guess what the topic was? yeah yeah, it's predictable; ME! hahaha they all were asking if I was the dad of my niece -- of course my cousin said NO -- and she answered back by stating, "he's actually just here for a vacation, he's a flight attendant for Emirates" -- and all of them actually bought it! -- She then followed by saying, "he'll be flying back to Dubai in a couple of days". Deep inside, my cousin was trying not to laugh whilst I was outside, standing and cluelessly waiting on what was happening on the other end of the glass window. When she came out with my niece, I looked behind and they were still staring at me. So out of curiousity, I asked my cousin on what occurred inside. She told me what happened and we were laughing our derrieres off! She even said "they think you look good and that you're tall and they actually said you look like a flight attendant" -- honestly, that made my day -- with a wink after finishing her sentence. We were still giggling whilst inside the cab. Sometimes though, at clubs or parties, when random strangers ask me what I do, I just respond back by saying that I'm a flight attendant for a multi-national airline -- yes, I know it's just a lie but why not fake it 'til you make it, yeah? -- and they actually believe me. hahaha it's just something I do for laughs.

Talking about Cebu, there's going to be a cabin crew screening for Cebu Pacific on the 26'th (Monday) of this month. I'm gonna get myself really prepared for that and I have only one goal in mind; eyes on the prize dheej, eyes on the prize!

I'm gonna be there really early since they'll only be entertaining the first 50 applicants; beyond the cut off, you won't have the chance to be interviewed.

So yeah, wish me luck!

See you guys at the skies,
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment