Thursday, March 11, 2010

IPAMS at 20

I'ma back track a bit..

Yesterday (09 March, 2010)

I went to IPAMS for the Emirates Pre-screening. I was there at around 1:30pm and I was the first applicant who was there after lunch. Someone then approached me (Ms. F -- for future reference, i'll be using the first letter of the first name of the individuals who i'll be meeting during OD [Open Days]. I'll be doing this for confidential reasons). and then she asked for my CV and my photos. Upon giving it to her, I waited for a couple of minutes more and then I was called in.

Miss B then introduced herself, she told me to sit down and then she started to assess me. She was asking basic questions such as "Why are you applying for this position? How'd you find out about the opening? Why Emirates?". So I gave her my answers and she followed up with another set of questions.
Can you keep a secret? I lied! I seriously did. I was hoping that she won't ask how old I was because I'm only 20; BUT! i'll be turning 21 a week after the EK (Emirates) assessment. I was hoping they would still consider me but I called the office last week and they strongly implemented that i needed to be 21 UPON application and not upon joining. So yeah, I swear I was sweating like crazy underneath my shirt when she asked "how old are you" so I was like "twenty..uhhh..ONE" hahaha this may sound funny now but I was nervous as hell while uttering those words! At the back of my head I was wishing that she wouldn't check my birthdate. Luckily she didn't! And oh yeah, i was fortunate enough that my sweat didn't visibly show up and say "HELLO Ms. B, do notice me too!" hahaha so yeah.. then she checked my hands and my teeth then she made me stand and asked me to twirl (this was awkward but in a silly way haha) then she asked me to remove my shoes in order for her to check my height and weight. After we were done, she advised me to wait outside so that Miss R would assess me.

When I went back outside in the waiting area.. there were other applicants already (around 7) but I was a bit flabbergasted when I saw more men than women. I was expecting more females to arrive (more eye candy for me of course haha and NO I ain't a pervert! hahaha). So yeah, I was called back in after 2 minutes or so and then Miss R started to browse thru my CV. She asked numerous questions but she was very kind and professional in doing so. Most of her questions were quite basic though but it's still best to keep yourself up to date with what's happening in our world right now. There was one question where she asked "What can you say about the recession?" I wasn't really expecting that question but of course you'd have to think fast and share your thoughts. I think she did this because more or less these might be the type of questions that the recruiters would be asking during the Assessment Day. She also gave me tips of what to expect during the said day. She made it clear that the results of the pre-screening will be out before the 24'th of March.

I loved the fact that Miss R was very generous with her tips and ideas. You could really feel that she wants you to be a flight attendant and that she was more than willing enough to sincerely help you out. So guys who have plans in going to IPAMS to be assessed, Don't ever be terrified of Miss R. Hahaha.

So yeah, i've got my fingers crossed for this. I sure am hoping to be a part of the assessment. The waiting game officially begins!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. i know it's already too late to comment on this post.i just happened to come across your blog. just want to ask, do you have any idea if foreigners are allowed to apply at ipams? actually, i was born and raised in the Philippines but im holding Korean passport. do you think they give consideration to foreigners? Hoping for your response. thank you.

    ReplyDelete